Self-portrait

Self-portrait

13 July 2015

DANCING IN THE SHADOWS

But at this place, at this moment of time, all mankind is us ...
WAITING FOR GODOT 

Today is the day of Roger Rees’s funeral in New York. He leaves behind his companion of more than thirty years and spouse since 2011, the writer and producer Rick Elice.

I simply want to post a phrase or two from an email I sent Roger after seeing him play Vladimir in Waiting for Godot at the Haymarket with Ian McKellen in 2010.
As you can imagine I have always fancied myself in your part since 1956 was it? I conclusively relinquished it to you tonight and was constantly surprised, disarmed and engaged, there is no one who can dance in the part and go into the fearsome shadows with your seamless ease … Your relationship [with Ian] is very believable and the audience love you both …
Roger as Vladimir in Waiting for Godot

1 comment:

  1. well blog We are providing top services for Interior designer, Room planning and staging, decorate my home, House, Make my home special and unique in phoenix Valley, USA. Visit here Room planning and staging, decorate my home, House, Make my home special and unique in phoenix Valley, USA call now at 610-864-2437

    ReplyDelete